Sunday, January 28, 2018

Quick Update

Hi Loves,

Just wanted to check in & let you know where things stand with the adoption. Many of you saw my post on Facebook this past week about our immigration issues, but I am happy to report that everything is taken care of. Some wonderful friends have been through the same situation and they told us exactly who we needed to contact. It can take up to a couple of weeks to get the approval letter, so we are praying that we receive that before we go. Otherwise, we are good to go. Thank you JESUS! I cannot tell you how much I was stressing about this, but God worked it all out!!

On the 22nd, the new president was inaugurated in Liberia and our agency felt that was the reason for the hold up on our paperwork. It seems the inauguration went alright and we haven't heard of any violence or conflict this past week, so hopefully we will hear something soon. Our agency best guess at this point is that we will be traveling in Feb which would be perfect. I would love to be in Africa with our kiddos celebrating my birthday on the 23rd!!!

On a side note, I did like 12 loads of laundry yesterday getting all of our kiddos' clothes washed, so we can start packing their stuff! It was so fun looking at all the cute clothes that people so graciously gave us! We cannot thank you all enough & we still have more clothes in our garage to go through! It absolutely crazy to us, but we are SO grateful!!!

We are getting close my friends! We can feel it in our bones!

Stay Tuned!

Blessings,
Michael & Carey



No comments: