Monday, June 27, 2016

God's Not Dead!!

Hey Friends,

I apologize that it has taken us so long to share a new post with all of you! There has been so much that has happened since our last message! In late February, we received official word that Burundi was not going to work for us after all. Even though, we asked upfront about all of the regulations to adopt in the country they somehow neglected to tell us that any long term medications were not allowed and I will be on asthma medications for the rest of my life. It hit us both pretty hard, but the enemy really did a number on me. For about a week, he raked me over the coals and filled my head with lies. Thankfully, God never left me! Even when I was at my lowest, He was there with me every step of the way. After crying out to Him, I felt this power rising up from within me like I was a warrior and I needed to put on my armor to kick the devil's butt, which I did! Satan really doesn't want us to adopt our kiddos, but nothing is going to stop us now! We just can't wait to wrap our arms around our children and love them forever! 

Okay, now on to the good news! Our agency recently launched a new pilot program in Sierra Leone and we qualify for it! YAY! We also finished our home study in April, so that is finally done which allows us to start applying for grants. Praise the Lord! We've applied for about a half a dozen so far, so please be praying that some of them come in. If we can get our first invoice paid off within the next couple of months, then we will be matched with our kiddos and we can hopefully travel down to meet them by the fall of this year! So exciting!!!

Well, it's getting way past my bedtime, so I should close for now. Our summer fundraiser is coming up soon and you will not want to miss it! For $5, you can help us create a sweet memento for our children that will serve as a reminder of all the people that helped bring them home! More details to come! Stay tuned!

Blessings to you all!

Love, 
Michael and Carey 






No comments: